Tuesday 7 August 2007

The Deep End is Dark and Scary

Ever been thrown in the deep end and thought, shit how the hell am I going to swim if I don't know what stroke to use?

This feeling washes over me on a ridiculously regular basis. Like when I have to call my website software support and they ask me a question that, to me, sounds like different language...or when I try to understand my recently acquired Sage software, and realise I haven't the foggiest idea what a Nominal Ledger is.

It is all new to me. All of a sudden I find I am everything - the Accountant, The Photographer, The Marketing Manager, The PR Consultant, The Designer, The Managing Director, The Secretary and the Chairman....ah oh! What have I got myself into?

But then I have to take a step back, reassess and remind myself what I'm trying to do. And why...

For me there are 3 areas of importance, that I strive to achieve:

Beauty
Simplicity
Love

This is my mantra....

No comments: